Craps strategy – the best way to become a top game’s player
Before speaking about Craps strategy system, it’s necessary to understand the essence of the game. So, there are 2 main rounds: Come Out Roll (the first Shooter’s turn) and Point Roll (the second Shooter’s turn, when the Point is set).
- If there’s 7 or 11, a Shooter wins automatically and there’s an opportunity to throw the dices once again.
- If there’s 2, 3 or 12, a Shooter loses and pass the dices to another player.
- If there’s 4, 5, 6, 8 or 9, the result is called Point, and the game moves to the second round – Point Roll. At this stage a Shooter throws the dices till there is 7 or the Point. In the former case a Shooter loses, while in the latter case it’s a win.
These are the simplest rules of Craps, and game’s strategies, including mini max Craps strategy will be described further.
What Craps strategy to choose to have more chances to win
Generally, there are not many types of betting systems, which can be used during a game, but some of them still exist. And the most popular and safe of them are described below.
- Pass Line and Don’t Pass Line. Using these bets creates, probably, the most profitable Craps strategy. Pass Line Bet wins if there’re 7 or 11 points on the dices. 2, 3 or 12 points means a loss. The rest variants move the game to the second round. Don’t Pass Line is a visa versa bet, but if there’s 2 on the dices, it’s a draw. These bets have very attractive house edge at the rate of 1.41 % and 1.36 %.
- Big 6 and Big 8. It’s a bet on 6 or 8, before 7 is on the dices.
- The Field. These are the bets on 2, 3, 4, 9, 10 or 11. The house edge is 2.78 %.
- The Buy Bets. A player can make a bet on 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10 that is successful if the chosen number is on the table before 7 is on the dices. The odds are also very attractive.
- The Lay Bets. It’s a contrary bet to The Buy Bet, when a player wins if there’s 7 before 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10.
The mentioned betting systems are the most popular and the most profitable ones at the same time. But, of course, there are some other strategies and systems, which can be easily used by gamblers, and it’s just a matter of taste.
Minimal/Maximal strategy in Craps
The essence of this Craps strategy can be easily studied by using Kelly’s criteria. It’s necessary to set the size of bets, considering a personal bankroll that should be equal to the odds over a casino. Thus, 1 % advantage over a casino means the bet should be 1 % from a player’s bankroll. As it was mentioned above the best bets are the simplest ones: Pass Line, Come Bets and Big 6 or Big 8 Bets. They have the minimal house edge that allows making even small bets with a chance to get a big win.